Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Summer!!

We are well into summer now... it's the beginning of July. Steven and I are thoroughly enjoying our summer of swimming, tanning, reading, cooking, and doing minor touch-ups on the house. Steven has been doing a lot with his art and also a new interest -- long boarding (which is like skateboarding but... longer.) It is interesting to watch him long board and sometimes I get nervous that he will crash. But he is doing an excellent job!

I have really enjoying cooking this summer. I have been trying about three new recipes a week with about 2/3 of them turning out terrific. If anyone is interested in my new-found meals, just let me know!

A few weeks ago, we went to one of our favorite cities for a week ~ Charleston! We had such a blast with my family, aunt and uncle and cousins. It was a wonderful time to catch up and spend some quality time, which we haven't done in a very long time. It was a trip that was long overdue.

I have also been spending a good amount of time at my school lately. I have been trying to get re-organized for the Fall when I will officially become Director of Bands!! I am so excited and can't wait for the challenge.

Another tidbit is that Gracie, our adorable, hyperactive beagle graduated from Puppy School. We never thought that she would actually pass but somehow she pulled together and fooled someone. She is so sweet and adorable and definitely has a lot of energy! Both Steven and I love being a puppy parent!

Well that is all for now! I will write more as it comes. HAPPY SUMMMER!!! :)

No comments: